SEAPA’s vision is for a Southeast Asian region where free expression and an independent and responsible press promote information and knowledge societies with transparency and pluralism as the norm.
SEAPA’s mission is to:
- promote and nurture an environment of free expression in Southeast Asia;
- encourage civil participation in the promotion and protection of press freedom;
- foster and promote an enabling environment for a free, responsible and independent press;
- build capacities of independent and pluralistic press organizations and professional competencies of individuals; and
- promote greater access to information and good governance.”