Vision and Mission
SEAPA’s vision is for a Southeast Asian region where free expression and an independent and responsible press promote information and knowledge societies with transparency and pluralism as the norm.
SEAPA’s mission is to:
- Foster and promote free expression and an enabling environment for a free, responsible, and independent press in Southeast Asia;
- Build the capacities of independent pluralistic press organizations and the professional competencies of journalists;
- Promote greater access to information;
- Engage civil society in the promotion and protection of press freedom; and
- Stand in solidarity with efforts in other regions of the world to defend press freedom and free expression.