When: 22-26 October 2017
Where: Bali or Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Deadline: 10 August 2017 (Apply)
EngageMedia, the Association for Progressive Communications (APC), and the Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), are pleased to announce a call for applications to COCONET: Southeast Asia Digital Rights Camp.
COCONET (Connecting Communities & Networks) aims to enhance regional networking, popularise digital rights issues, and expand digital rights campaigns and movements by connecting policy advocates, researchers, digital campaigners, media-makers, and technologists.
COCONET is a peer-based event where everyone will participate: bringing knowledge, experiences, and skills to share.
A full description of the event can be read here.
Who can participate?
We’re looking to gather 75-100 participants for the camp. Whilst Southeast Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam), is the key target, the event is also open to participants from other parts of Asia and the Pacific. Please note that scholarship support will prioritise applicants from Southeast Asia.
The following are highly encouraged to apply:
- Activists working with grassroots communities with strong experience in using digital platforms
- Activist technologists, open source advocates and digital security trainers
- Internet Rights policy advocates
- Researchers and academics
- Social change media-makers including film-makers, journalists, bloggers, photographers, designers, and artists.
The deadline for applications is 10 August 2017. (Apply)